Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stickers

Yup!  I even had these in my prized collection, pickle scratch n sniff!
When I was in elementary school I LOVED stickers!  So much so that I bought photo albums that I could put my most treasured stickers in, to insure that they were never used.  The purpose of stickers was to enjoy them visually over and over and over again.  Once they were removed from the paper they came on they were essentially worthless.  I think my sticker albums still exist and currently reside at my mom's house.  I'll have to look into that.

My 17 month old daughter has had her own fascination with stickers too, the name tag variety that is.  In fact, she has become a bit of a name tag bandit and has quite the reputation at the nursery at church for taking the name tags of all the other children.  We're working on stopping this.  Stealing, especially at church, is a big no no.

The Best $1 Ever Spent
Since I knew my daughter must have received some sticker genes from me and in an effort to try to curb her enthusiasm for the name tag, I bought her a sticker book today at Walmart.  Nothing fancy.  It's just a book of laminated pages that comes with two pages of stickers that you match to the pictures on the pages.  



The missing peacock sticker goes next to the elephant



Can I just say that was the absolute best $1 I have ever spent on anything for her?  Once we opened up that book and began putting the animal stickers on the pages she was hooked on stickers.  She sat with me for about a half hour just putting the stickers on the pages and then after we finished she went back to see all the animal stickers she just put on the pages.  All day she kept pulling out that book, going through it, and taking the stickers off and putting them on other pages.  

We did have one snafu, her peacock sticker, after having been moved around one too many times, lost it's stickiness and went missing, much to my daughter's dismay.  She was very concerned about the missing peacock and since I know she has a memory like an elephant I know that tomorrow morning we will begin the hunt for the blue peacock sticker once again.  If anyone sees it, let me know please.

No comments:

Post a Comment