Sunday, July 29, 2012

A New Friend

Let me introduce you to our family's newest addition, Oswald.  My husband and I had been discussing getting a dog and we finally just broke down and did it.  He is a rescue dog that we got from the shelter and let me tell you, he is a very good dog.
It hasn't been all smooth sailing since he joined our little family last week.  We've had multiple visits to the vet at the shelter to fix sutures that opened and we've had accidents while trying to house break him.  At first, my daughter wasn't completely sure about him either, but that's changed though.  Overall, it's been more good than anything.


My daughter has really become attached to him so fast.  They follow each other around the house and she already has figured out how to use his toys to play with him.  She also has been helping us train him and has a few commands down.




The people that we have met along the way have been great too.  I am learning that "dog people" are some of the nicest people around.  Everywhere we go people come up to us and tell us what a sweet dog he is and you know what, they're right.  It's amazing how fast he has become a part of our family and a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment