Saturday, January 14, 2012

Motivation

Motivation is a mysterious thing.  It sneaks up on us at very unsuspecting times and sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to it.  At least for me.  I can think about something that I want to do for a very long time, but not do anything about it.  But then, out of the blue, I decide to do something about it.  Why?  Who really knows.  It just depends on the circumstance.

I was overweight for most of my life.  I thought about losing the weight and made several halfhearted attempts, but it wasn't until I got an iPod and started listening to sermons that I actually began to do something about the weight and actually lost about 75 pounds.

What got me thinking about this was the recent recall of my first generation iPod Nano.  I bought the thing about 8 years ago (I think) and it was a trusted friend during my workouts for many years.  Then my technology situation changed and I wasn't able to keep my sermons updated and then my workouts began to change.  Let's just say, I haven't really worked out for a long time now and it is very evident.  Ugh!  I hate admitting that.

But now, everything is about to change thanks to the wonderful Apple company.  Bless them for recalling my ancient iPod and for sending me a replacement.  I should be receiving my new iPod in the next few days.  I have already downloaded iTunes to my new laptop and have subscribed to some of my favorite sermons.  I even have new running shoes.  Now, let's see it my motivation returns.  I'm hoping it does because I still have baby weight to lose and I'm ready for it to be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment