Friday, January 6, 2012

Strolling



It is not uncommon for me and the peanut to go for a walk most days.  We live in the part of the country that makes it very conducive for walking outdoors nearly everyday and I absolutely love it!  Not to mention we live in an area where we can very easily walk to parks, the library, shops, restaurants and even a spring training stadium.  It's a tourist hot spot too.  Good stuff!

The walks are good for the Peanut, you can't beat all the fresh air and sunshine.  We get to see doggies and ducks and fountains and flowers, lots and lots of flowers.  Best of all because my daughter is a real extrovert, we get to visit with lots and lots of people from the volunteer lady at the library to the shopkeeper to the winter visitors.  It's great!  Not just for her too.

I'm not one of these moms who is in five different moms groups.  I don't pay for classes for my daughter to attend.  And as much as I have tried things like MeetUp, it just hasn't happened, so our daily walks have become my opportunity for Mommy to have some adult interaction.

Please don't hear what I'm not saying.  I love, love, love being home with my daughter.  It is one of my greatest joys, but only being able to interact with my daughter all day sometimes gets hard.  So getting out and chatting it up with folks I get to meet on our daily strolls is just an added benefit to enjoying the sunshine, the fresh air, and seeing the joy on my daughter's face when she gets to see the duckies.

No comments:

Post a Comment