Monday, January 2, 2012

Blueberry Infused Steamed Pears



Sounds kind of fancy doesn't it?  Kind of gourmet?  Not so, my friends.  It was simply what my little peanut had for breakfast this morning.  So simple and yet so delicious. 

It's exactly what it sounds like too, by the way. 

I have been making my daughter's food from the moment she was ready to try her first solids.  I had zero clue what I was doing initially, but I knew that whatever I did would be far better than any jarred food I could buy at the store.

It's been a journey.  It's certainly been a lot of fun too.  And it's been remarkably easier than I ever imagined.

The toughest part, which really wasn't tough at all, was just making sure that I didn't introduce foods that were considered high allergy risk foods and I have a handy reference book for that. 

Pears have been part of my daughter's diet from the beginning and they will probably be a part of her diet for a long, long time for several reasons.  One, she LOVES them!  Two, they keep her regular, like clockwork.  No pears, no poop.  Seriously!

Blueberries are something new that I decided to try and these too she loves.  So it was kind of a natural fusion to combine the two. 

I just thaw some frozen blueberries.  When I use the microwave they produce a nice amount of juice.  I then add the steamed pears that I previously prepared and froze in Peanut size portions. Those too are thawed in the microwave and produce a nice amount of juice.  Voila!  My little Peanut now has blueberry infused steamed pears. 

For a little extra something something I sometimes add oatmeal....mmmmmmmmm!

It's official, my daughter eats better than I do =)

1 comment:

  1. I just said that to Jimmy about coco! He eats better than I do! Lol!

    ReplyDelete