Sunday, December 11, 2011

Duck and Cover Again

Alright, I had planned to write about what I learned at the Farmer's Market, but then what had been averted last night through my stellar tactical skills happened tonight because Daddy did not exercise those same skills. Evidently he does not read my blog =)

As I mentioned last night, we live in a two bedroom condo.  The part I didn't mention was that we have very little closet space, but a lot of stuff that needs to live in a closet.  What that means is that we had to get creative.  Our daughter doesn't have a ton of stuff that needs to live in a closet and Daddy doesn't have a ton of stuff that needs to live in a closet, but Mommy does, so.......Daddy and daughter get to share (for now).  However, that means that sometimes Daddy has to go into the peanut's room when she is sleeping to get something out of their shared closet.which is what happened tonight.

Now this is not a big deal normally, but apparently tonight, the peanut was not sleeping very soundly.  Enter Daddy.  She evidently woke up, but because Daddy did not duck and cover, he was spotted and up she was.  So he brought her to me, all wrapped up snug in her blanket, to get her back to sleep because he had to get ready for work.

The whole situation turned out to be a huge blessing.  My daughter has never been a very cuddly, snugly little peanut.  In fact, I must say that I have found myself sometimes envying other mothers I see who have these babies that are little cuddle bugs who love to be held.  My daughter has always had better things to do than just sit in Mommy's lap and let Mommy hold her. There have been times that I just wanted to say to her, "Come on already, I carried you for 9 months, and then there's the whole giving birth thing.  Can't you just give Mommy a little snuggle time."

Now, the one exception has always been bedtime, that is one time that she likes to cozy up and snuggle.  However, Daddy has been handling bedtime now for a few months, so there have been very few opportunities for Mommy to cuddle with her peanut.

Tonight became one of those opportunities.  Wrapped up, like a little bug in a rug, she just laid with her head upon my chest and let me hold her until she fell asleep.  It was wonderful!  Maybe I shouldn't duck and cover after all, I might get to cuddle with my baby girl more.

No comments:

Post a Comment